2010-11-19 | St Augustine Lighthouse | 81 Lighthouse Ave | Saint Augustine, Florida
|Location’s Web Site: http://staugustinelighthouse.com
This St Augustine Lighthouse built in 1874 is actually the 3rd lightouse built in St Augustine. It is the oldest lighthouse in North America. The town of St Augustine is the oldest town in the United States.
In total 3 lightkeepers, 1 wife of a lightkeeper, and 3 young girls have died at the lighthouse.
– A lightkeeper by the name of Peter Rasmussen was always seen smoking a cigar. Many visitors often smell a cigar within the buildings as well as outside.
– Footsteps can often be heard on the tower stairs.
– A figure has been reported at the top of the lighthouse when no one is in the tower. It’s reported that it may be Joseph Andreu, a lightkeeper that fell to his death from the previous lighthouse in 1850.
– A tall man is reported to be seen in the basement of the house.
– A hazy male figure is said to be seen in the lighthouse.
John Francis, Cheri Francis
Lighthouse and Lightkeepers House
Alaska Ghost Hunting Investigated the Lighthouse & Lightkeepers House with limited equipment which is more than likely the reason we did not capture any quality evidence.
Sometime in the future we would love to go back to the St. Augustine Lighthouse and perform an investigation using all the equipment we use at the investigation we perform in Alaska.