2013-10-22 | Anchorage Historic Hotel | 330 E Street | Anchorage, Alaska
Short Investigation for KTUU Channel 2’s
|Location’s Web Site: anchoragehistorichotel.com
The existing Hotel is actually the Annex to the original Hotel built across the alleyway on 3rd Avenue which was connected by a sky bridge. The original structure was built in 1916 and was torn down in ????
The Anchorage Hotel was the finest Hotel in Anchorage for many years and was considered "the place" to stay. The Hotel started being neglected and fell into a state of disrepair as new, more modern Hotels began opening in Anchorage.
In 1989, under new ownership the Hotel was remodeled and brought back to life. It has become an important part of Anchorage’s history & future.
– A young bride-to-be committed suicide the night before her wedding and now roams the second floor hallway.
– Anchorage’s first police chief "John J. Sturgis" (aka Black Jack) returns to the hotel every February 20th at 9:15pm where he was shot in the back with his own gun killing him in 1921.
– Guests often feel the presence of Ghosts in rooms 215 & 217.
– Bathroom curtains open & close in several rooms.
– Sounds of children playing in the hallway when none are in the Hotel.
– A Shaman reported sensing an old insane woman with a happy little boy in the Hotel.
– Little man with funny outfit in closet of Room 205.
|Investigators: John Francis, Cheri Francis, Aimee Greninger, Jeromy Goss
Areas Investigated:Rooms 302 & 205
EVP’s Recorded: (Headphones are advised as Computer Speakers are usually of very poor quality which will prevent you from hearing the files properly).
All of these EVP’s are classified as "B" (more info).
Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page with your thoughts on what is being said.
Aimee with Cheri asks "Did you die tragically? and this is recorded
EVP-001A - Room 205
Aimee with Cheri says "Can You Do It Again? and get's this response
EVP-002A - Room 205
If you have any links you’d like to see added please email them to us.
Besides the personal experiences enough audio evidence was recorded to show that the Anchorage Historic Hotel is truly haunted with several Spirits.