2014-10-31 | Anchorage Historic Hotel | 330 E Street | Anchorage, Alaska
|Location’s Web Site: anchoragehistorichotel.com
The existing Hotel is actually the Annex to the original Hotel built accross the alleyway on 3rd Avenue which was connected by a sky bridge. The original structure was built in 1916 and was torn down in ????
The Anchorage Hotel was the finest Hotel in Anchorage for many years and was considered "the place" to stay. The Hotel started being neglected and fell into a state of disrepair as new, more modern Hotels began opening in Anchorage.
In 1989, under new ownership the Hotel was remodeled and brought back to life. It has become an important part of Anchorage’s history & future.
– A young bride-to-be commited suicide the night before her wedding and now roams the second floor hallway. We’ve been told that this happened in room 215 or room 217.
– Anchorage’s first police chief "John J. Sturgis" (aka Black Jack) was murdered (shot in the back with his own gun) in the alley behind the hotel on February 20th, 1921 at 9:15pm. It is said that he returns every February 20th looking for his killer.
– Guests in room 202 have reported hearing a knock on their door followed by giggling. A small child has also been seen in the closet by a couple guests.
– Guests in room 205 have seen a little man with a funny outfit in the closet.
– The spirits of a young boy & girl who died in the original Anchorage Hospital are believed to be in hotel where their family lived.
– Guests often experience shower curtains being opened and closed in several rooms. TV’s are also known to be turned on and off.
– Bathroom curtains open & close in several rooms.
– Sounds of children playing in the hallway when none are staying in the hotel.
– A Shaman reported sensing an old insane woman with a happy little boy in the Hotel.
|Investigators: John Francis, Cheri Francis, Chris Skinner, Susan Weir, & Sarah Godfrey
Areas Investigated:Rooms Basement, 215, 217, 301, 302, 303, 304, 311, 312
Besides using the recorders seen during the Investigations we also placed recorders in nearby rooms which ran all night. We used the audio recorded on those recorders as a reference. We compared all potential EVP’s to the exact time in the reference audio to rule out the possibility that any outside noise could have been confused with a voice heard or recorded within a particular room.
|Results of the 13 Investigations performed that evening:
Investigation 01 – Room 215 – (8:00pm) AKGH’s Cheri with Josh & Rosita
Investigation 02 – Room 215 – (8:20pm) AKGH’s Chris with Amy & John
Investigation 03 – Room 312 – (8:40pm) AKGH’s Susan with Fahtima
Investigation 04 – Room 304 – (9:20pm) AKGH’s Susan with Amy & John
Investigation 05 – Room 217 – (09:40pm) AKGH’s Sarah with Sara, Shannon, & Shelley
Investigation 06 – Room 215 – (10:00pm) AKGH’s Chris with Chris & Jason
Investigation 07 – No Show
Investigation 08 – Room 302 – (10:20pm) AKGH’s Susan with Danny, Joe, Danielle, Beth, & Nick
Investigation 09 – Room 311 – (10:40pm) AKGH’s Cheri with Brittany & Michael
Investigation 10 – Room 301 – (10:40pm) AKGH’s Sarah & Chris with Maile, Mickey, Patrick, & Jessica
Investigation 11 – Room 215 – (11:00pm) AKGH’s Cheri with Sara, Shannon, Shelley, & Brendon
Investigation 12 – Room 217 – (11:20pm) AKGH’s Sarah with Jessica & Robert
Investigation 13 – Room 217 – (11:20pm) AKGH’s Sarah & Susan with Lori
The team was very impressed with the results.
EVP’s Recorded: (Headphones are advised as Computer Speakers are usually of very poor quality which will prevent you from hearing the files properly).
All of these EVP’s are classified as "B" (more info).
Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page with your thoughts on what is being said.
EVP-001 - Investigation #01 Room 215
Recorded when high EMF readings were commented on by Rosita & Cheri
EVP-002 - Investigation #02 Room 215
Amy asks "Do you know how you died?" and get's this response
EVP-003 - Investigation #02 Room 215
This voice was recorded before Amy comments about an EMF hotspot
EVP-004 - Investigation #02 Room 215
Amy asks spirit about all the visitors and get's this repsonse
EVP-005 - Investigation #06 Room 215
Chris commenting about high EMF near the heater then this voice is rocorded
EVP-006 - Investigation #10 Room 301
This Goatlike sound/voice is recorded just as everyone is leaving the room
EVP-007 - Investigation #13 Room 217
Susan & Sarah commenting on high EMF near Brian and this clear EVP is recorded on the camera
If you have any links you’d like to see added please email them to us.
Besides the personal experiences enough audio evidence was recorded to show that the Anchorage Historic Hotel is truly haunted with several Spirits not paying for their room at this great Hotel.